Re: can't log in after converting root filesystem

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 7:20 PM, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You might be able to use JFFS2 for the flash. We use JFFS2 for out Flash
> storage on embedded devices.

Hmmm. I would actually not mind trying that at all.

But how do I get my root (and only) FS to be JFFS2? It's not an option
in the installer. And it's certainly not an option on the LiveCD that
I've been using for my installs. Is there a way to convert it after
the fact?

> Regarding the login problem with kernel updates, maybe it is related to
> SELinux. I had a problem similar with being returned to a login prompt.

I might explore that a little bit. I still find myself perplexed about
how the initrd could be causing the problem I see with logging in. By
the time I see the log in prompt, isn't the initrd long gone?

And yet, recompiling the initrd after kernel upgrade fixes the issue somehow.

My head hurts.

-Alan