Re: Need advice on music management software

on 12/26/2008 05:36 PM Simon Slater wrote:
On Thu, 2008-12-25 at 09:32 -0800, Konstantin Svist wrote:
I know for sure there's a graphics comparison program that does
this with images - I've used it once or twice :)

	I'm following this thread because I will be setting up something
similar for our family's music.  But as to your reference to duplicate
images, what programme do you use?  One daughter has a new camera and is
photographing everything, but with her sorting and renaming has created
many duplicates.

I assume your duplicates are just multiple copies of the same file with different names and paths, and they didn't go through any type of conversion on the way. For those you can perhaps to use FSlint.

"FSlint is a utility to find redundant disk usage like duplicate files
for example. It can be used to reclaim disk space and fix other problems
like file naming issues and bad symlinks etc.
It includes a GTK+ GUI as well as a command line interface."

there is an rpm for F10 in mrdocs repository

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/Fedora_10/

I substantially  cleaned up my media library with its help.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

I'm running F9 x86_64 and F10 i386 on x86_64 hardware, should this matter.

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./