Re: F10 and encrypted partitions - positive outcome

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 08:41:53 -0800,
  Mike Cloaked <mike.cloaked@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes I chose the same passphrase for all three partitions.  This is the same
> scheme I used for F9 but in F9 it asked me three separate times for the
> passphrases despite them all being the same. I did not click on the first
> one as a master passphrase though (as far as I remember!)

That's odd though. I misspoke when I said shortly before F10, it was shortly
before the F9 release that it started using passphrases against each
luks partition. Maybe there was something different about how your
partitions were setup that F9 couldn't handle, but F10 can.

You can see that the passphrases aren't being saved (well at least that
saved ones aren't bing used) by entering an incorrect passphrase before
a correct one. You'll then get a warning message for each luks partition
that there is no key slot unlocked by that passphrase.