Re: HiJacking Threads Was: hostapd for Fedora 10

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
>>> You have committed one of the cardinal sins of mail list postings.
>>> You've hijacked a thread.....
>>>
>>> I've deleted the "References" header from this message so it should
>>> appear as a new thread.
>>>
>>> Don't reply to a message, and change the subject to your choice....
>>> that is hijacking.   Breaks threading an gives people an upset tummy.
>>>

>> On my machine in evolution it appears as part of the same thread. There
>> is obviously something I don't understand about the complaints about
>> this that people keep making.
>>

> Yes....  I probably should have removed a few more headers as well to
> totally break it out.   But, now this reply will be out of thread with
> your response.
>
> Bottom line....  People start new messages rather than trying to reply
> to an old one and then change the subject and all....  So, now that it
> is completely mucked over....  :-)

.... People *should* start new messages.....

My New Year resolution was to read my posts more closely before hitting
send....   I can see how well that turned out.  :-(

--
A voice crackles in Calvin's radio: "Enemy fighters at two o'clock!"
"Roger. What should I do until then?" Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx