Re: APC UPS

Nicholas Lysaght wrote:
Hi All.

I have an APC ES 550 UPS, and am relatively new to Fedora. I have noticed that on moving the mouse pointer across the Toolbar, the bubble: "Computer is running on AC Power, UPS is fully charged (100%)." comes up.

Does this mean that there is an existing UPS Monitoring Programme embedded in Fedora9? If so, can it be accessed to change settings? Will it, in fact, shut down the computer after after a given time, or is it just a visual warning that the computer will just stop when the battery of the UPS has lost all charge?

I look forward to your reply, and thank you in advance.

For APC UPSes, I use apcupsd which is available in the Fedora repositories. There is also nut, which is a generic UPS monitor.

Regards

NICK

--
Kevin J. Cummings