Re: is KDE dead - did Gnome win?

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> Nope, I'm still using and comaintaining KDE, I don't see how KDE 4.1 is
> any
> worse than 3.5. Well, there's a couple of missing features, but most of
> those are coming back in 4.2. I don't think switching to GNOME makes any
> sense, really, but of course you're free to use whatever you prefer, as
> always.

I really do hope that KDE4.2 lives up to expectations. I have until recently
been a loyal user of KDE (from the days of FC1!) but felt I could not use
KDE4.1 as it stands so I have temporarily switched to Gnome for F10. It is
not perfect for some of the things I need though, and I am really hoping
that when KDE4.2 is released to F10 in 2009 that it will be functional to a
level where I can switch back to using KDE again.

I have not tried the KDE 4.2 test version (in EPEL?) that I believe was
recently made available, but it would be nice to see good reviews and
summaries of what works and what is still missing or buggy so that when it
is released I can feel confident of making the switch back.