Re: fuse changed my mount points?

---- Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 10:39 -0500, Steve wrote:
> > The Dec 07 entries are mostly screensaver stuff.
>
> You might want to post that list, in case someone can spot the culprit.
> I'd be highly surprised at CUPS having anything to do with it.

A bit more research shows that /etc/fstab was changed on Dec 9, ie the day the problem started. It now has some entries that have UUIDs. I certainly didn't put those in there. Any idea what might have overwriten this file? I seriuosly doubt it was xscreensaver.

Also I thiough that it was general policy that if something needed to overite a file. it kept the old file around witha .rpmsave extension but I don't see anything.

I've been googling to find some documentation on how fuse or fusectl works but I haven't found anything useful yet. Does anyone know of a link to some good docs?

Steve.