A few more Network Manager issues

First, on my home system, when NM comes up it starts up in Auto Eth0 although I have defined Manual Eth0. I am not able to remove the Auto eth0 becuase it is read-only, even as root. I've read some of the other posts here and on the Fedora Forum where some said to make some changes to /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices/ifcfg-eth0

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
HWADDR=00:e0:81:b1:5b:00
ONBOOT=yes
DNS1=192.168.0.1
DNS2=68.87.71.226
DNS2=68.87.73.242
SEARCH="blu.org"
NM_CONTROLLED=yes #I've changed this to yes and no
TYPE=Ethernet
USERCTL=no                   #I've changed this to yes and no
IPV6INIT=no
IPADDR=192.168.0.25
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY=192.168.0.1
PEERDNS=yes

I certainly can go back to the old manual way, but AFAIK, it may be deprecated in the future.

The other very minor issue is that ntpdate fails, but I am assuming that this might be timing related to NM obtaining an address from the router.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix