Re: Lets test the h@!! out of KDE4.2 before it releases...

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:49 PM, Mark <markg85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Chris Snook wrote:

>>> If you want to get a lot of testing for KDE 4.2, get an F10 build into a
>>> yum
>>> repo, so I can use it as part of my normal work and play.  Ideally, get it
>>> into
>>> rawhide or even updates-testing for broad exposure.  If it's more
>>> practical in the short term to put it in its own repo, then do that, and
>>> link us to a
>>> kde-42.repo or a kde-42-release.rpm.  Then we can use it all day, which
>>> beats playing with a liveCD by a long shot.
>>
>> A wee bit my fauilt for not making it explicitly clear, but the packages used to generate that livecd are from a yum repo hosted at the kde-redhat project, http://kde-redhat.sourceforge.net/  in it's F-10/testing repo.
>>
>> So, now what are you waiting for? :)
>>
>> -- Rex
>
> Installing it now ^_^

Oke, i installed it now and this is the best KDE ever for me.
I can actually get used to this version ^_^

The first thing i did is set folder view as my desktop.
there is something strange in kde. I have a 8600GT (nvidia) card and
installed the drivers yet all the graphical effects seem to be
slowish..
Another slow thing is the slection stuff. if you made your desktop a
folder view desktop you can click your mouse in the upper left corner,
hold it, drag down to the lower right and everything in that desktop
gets selected. but men that seems to go SLOW! it seems like it's not
even using hardware acceleration. I did that small test a second time
with the top tool in a console next to it. i had 99% xorg usage! so
something is wrong or off.. i just can't find out what it is.

I also enabled the FPS plugin (kwin stuff) and that is going anywhere
from 0 fps to 59/60

Any ideas what's wrong?