Re: Fedora 7 date display in ls -al

Hello,

I have a Fedora 7 install in which the date displayed by default in an "ls -al" command as follows:

-rw------- 1 root     root       6582 2008-12-19 04:25 maillog

On other Fedora and RedHat versions, the date is displayed by default as follows:
-rw------- 1 root   root    1105372 Dec 19 08:38 maillog

Can anyone please tell me if there is there a way to change the way the date in the "ls -al" command is displayed in Fedora 7 so that it is the written month and numeric day as is the usual display?

Hi Denise,

If the time of last modification is greater than six months ago, the time field is shown in the format month date year where as files modified within six months the time field is shown as month date time format.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Best regards
Gowrishankar Rajayan | A Linux Fanatic