Re: Modify rules for Firewall

Aldo Foot wrote:
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 2:44 PM, Jim <mickeyboa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
FC8
I had to change the SSHD Port from 22 to 2995 and since the Firewall is
looking at 22 where do I make changes to 2995.
Is it in /etc/sysconfig/iptables

You must consider what's in /etc/services.

# grep ssh /etc/services
ssh             22/tcp                          # SSH Remote Login Protocol
ssh             22/udp                         # SSH Remote Login Protocol

~af

Well I have a Router that will not let me use ssh 22 twice for Port Forwarding on two different servers. I'm running NX and I have one server using port 22 ssh and the other port 2995 ssh behind the same router. Everything is working great except for the firewall on the one using port 2995 is blocking. I guess I'll go into iptables the rule showing dport 22 and change to dport 2995. and restart iptables

I'm not going to be using the service that uses port 2995, in /etc/services.