Re: Evolution with mapi plugin?

On Tue, 2008-12-16 at 10:38 +1930, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:04 AM, Christopher A. Williams
> <chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Now, if we could just get a first class message composer for Evolution
> > that lets you easily write text, rich text, or HTML messages, and allows
> > full editing control of fonts, colors, formatting, etc. as appropriate
> > for each.
>
> Well, it already supports rich text, but I suspect you'll have to wait
> forever for HTML editing as it's considered anathema in many circles.
> An email editor has no business trying to be a bastardized word
> processor. Just my 2c.

Where does Evo support full rich text in the composer? I don't see that
option anywhere, so a pointer on this would be helpful.

I (obviously) disagree with your opinion. There are appropriate times
for sending HTML and for sending plain text messages. If Evolution is so
philosophically against HTML formatted messages, why do they then care
to be able to render messages sent in this format? Seems hypocritical to
me. A good e-mail client should provide both the capability and the
choice to send in HTML. Were it not for that I need to use Exchange, I
would have dropped Evolution some time ago over its lack of a good HTML
composer.

Cheers,

Chris

"There's two strategies to arguin' with a woman:
Neither one of 'em works."

--Cowboy Wisdom