Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

On Monday 08 December 2008 08:49:20 am stan wrote:
> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> > This is not what Fedora once was meat to be.
>
> Please, let's have some perspective here.  Fedora becomes
> what the people doing the work want Fedora to become.  And
> the users of Fedora know what Fedora is meant to be because
> they use it every day.  The statement(s) is(are) just words
> on paper.  It isn't where the rubber meets the road.
>
> What you and others are actually saying is you want Fedora
> to be something other than it is, but you don't want to do
> the work to get it there.  In other words, you want to
> direct the work of those who do the work.  Hey, you have a
> great future in management waiting for you.  :-)

I dunno. It seems that error reports and feature requests from users who can't
or don't want to scratch the itch would be extremely useful, if only because
there are so many of them.

dave

--
Canada must refuse to be entangled in any more wars fought to make the world
safe for capitalism.

-- The Regina Manifesto, 1933