Re: Evolution with mapi plugin?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Christopher A. Williams
<chriswfedora@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-12-11 at 12:48 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 12:50:53 +1930
>> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>
>> > If past experience is any guide, you'll have to wait for Evo 2.26,
>> > which should be out in time for F11, though I guess Rawhide might get
>> > it a little sooner.
>>
>> Also if past evolution experience is any guide, you'll end up with
>> something that is even more broken than the evolution connector,
>> but the connector won't be supported anymore. I have no idea
>> what the design goals for evolution are, but I am absolutely
>> positive that "make it work well" is not one of the
>> goals.
>
> ...No kiddin! I would switch my default mail client to Thunderbird and
> an appropriate calendaring extension in a heartbeat if I could figure
> out how to make it work with our exchange server for *both* mail and
> calendaring.
>
> Unfortunately, their tools for this appear to be even less capable that
> Evolution.

I'm pretty sure Evo is the only game in town if you need Exchange
access (not counting browsers of course). I don't use Exchange so I
could change in a heartbeat (virtually all my mail is on IMAP servers)
but I still haven't found a MUA that convinces me as much as Evo,
despite its many faults.

BTW, the new beta of Thunderbird 3 is just out. I tried it yesterday.
Very promising IMHO. This could turn out to be the one :-)

poc