Re: custom package - update / obsolete

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Are there patches there are are not in the freetype-freeworld package
> from rpmfusion?

There are no patches in freetype-freeworld which are not in the Fedora
freetype package. All it does is enable the config options for the bytecode
interpreter and subpixel rendering.

Ubuntu actually has patches supposed to improve the subpixel rendering
quality, but they span several projects (so a freetype package alone would
not be enough to ship them) and I'm not sure they are headed towards
upstream acceptance. So I'm not sure what to do with them.

        Kevin Kofler