Re: How to get rid of selinux

Joachim Backes wrote:
Daniel J Walsh wrote:

gab_v wrote:
Dear all,
I have a Fedora 9 distr.

I've lot of problem with SELinux, so I want to know how to get rid of it. In particular I am interested NOT in make SELinux status "Disabled" but to uninstall it.
I am not sure how to do it, also because I just started working with Linux OS.

How can I do?

I was thinking about doing
rpm -qa |grep SELinux
and then rpm -e ...

But will it be enough?

I want to do very safe commands since I need the computer at work.

Thanks in advance

p.s. I said not how to disabled SELinux because I did it once and I did not solve the problem and, after that, I had a block at boot process.

libselinux is a core library of the Fedora System and some other Linux
Distributes, it can not be removed.  Policycoreutils includes restorecon
command which has been required by several other packages, so it can not
be removed either.  You should be able to remove other selinux packages.

yum remove selinux-poliycy

This is a very bad idea, and it uninstalls policycoreutils-gui too: I tried it, but afterwards, system-config-services did no more run as non-root-user, but failed with an flood of error messages. And the gnome menu System->Administration->Services no more runs as non-root-user. These problems still appear even after reinstalling selinux-policy (and policycoreutils-gui):

system-config-services
ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.51:/org/fedoraproject/Config/Services/ServiceHerders/SysVServiceHerder: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Introspectable" member "Introspect" error name "(unset)" destination ":1.51")
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/system-config-services", line 945, in <module>
     GUI (use_dbus = use_dbus).run ()
   File "/usr/bin/system-config-services", line 900, in __init__
     self.serviceherders.append (cls (bus = self._bus))
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scservices/dbus/proxy/serviceherders.py", line 53, in __init__
     for service_name in self.list_services ():
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/slip/dbus/polkit.py", line 48, in enable_proxy_wrapper
     return func (*p, **k)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scservices/dbus/proxy/serviceherders.py", line 66, in list_services return self.dbus_object.list_services (dbus_interface = "org.fedoraproject.Config.Services.ServiceHerder") File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 68, in __call__
     return self._proxy_method(*args, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
     **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630, in call_blocking
     message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had interface "org.fedoraproject.Config.Services.ServiceHerder" member "list_services" error name "(unset)" destination ":1.51")

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, I could solvis the problem by replacing /etc/dbus-1/system.conf
by a backupped version I made before removing selinux-policy.

Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>