Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:

>> Uh, we would very much be willing to do that in KDE SIG. It's not going
>> to happen because there is "pressure from above" to focus on GNOME, not
>> because the manpower to focus on KDE is not there (which is not the
>> case).
>
> I think, you are being unrealistic. Within Fedora, there is definitely
> more man power for GNOME than any other desktop environment since there
> is many more people working full time on that.

Isn't that what is meant by "pressure from above"?

Surely the main determinant should be what users want?
My strong impression from reading the newsgroups
is that a large majority of enthusiasts are using KDE,
despite the fact that this is not the default.

There seems to me some political or philosophical argument,
which I do not understand,
behind the official preference for Gnome.