Re: f10 login annoyances - SOLVED

On Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:56:35 +0100
Niels Weber wrote:

> I had a similar problem and the solution for me was to remove the
> login.keyring from .gnome2/keyrings/

That was indeed the solution for this issue.  After deleting login.keyring from
~/.gnome2/keyrings it no longer asks you for the password on login.  Thanks.

I have also solved the other problem where the "Some panel items are no longer
available ... these items will now be removed ... You will not see this message
again" message comes up every time she logs in.  I still don't know what was
causing it to come back every time (after all, it promises to go away by
itself), but I came up with a work-around.

Her panel is usually at the bottom of the screen.  I created a new panel on the
top of the screen, then moved everything off of her existing panel to the new
panel. I then deleted her old panel and moved the new panel to the bottom.
Problem solved and her desktop still just exactly the same as it did before.