Sad change in Fedora Weekly News

I was looking at an old Fedora Weekly News,
«http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Weekly_News_Issue_60>,
and it reminded me that FWN used to be much more readable in the old days.

Today's versions read more like an accountant's or librarian's
view of progress.
IIRC, every FWN used to contain a couple of down-to-earth articles
on basic projects - how to set up a printer, basics of vpn or ssh, etc.

Am I looking back with rosy spectacles?