Re: newbie question: Installing and loading ath5k drivers

madans wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I just installed Fedora 10 on my computer (HP a1520e). I have a wireless card in my system (Based on the Ar5413 chipset). To enable the wireless card, i installed the ath5k drivers. The wireless card worked perfectly after installing the drivers.

What did you install for the ath5k drivers?

However, whenever I switch users, or reboot my system, i loose all wireless connectivity. I need to go back to the source and run "sudo make load" in order to load the wireless modules.

Try 'service network restart'.

Is there any way to make the ath5k modules load at boot time?

Check /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* and see what is the name of your interface is (e.g. eth1, or wlan0, or ath0). Check that there is a line: 'ONBOOT=yes' in it.