Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

> Its ultimate goal is to produce production quality user ready
> distributions.

I don't agree with that. If I want "production quality" linux I will
probably look for centOS
http://www.centos.org/. I don't expect the cutting edge technology and
stable release at the same time. Everything is the moving target. The
balancing part is yours.

I guess the use of word "production quality" in the context of Fedora
is plane wrong. The first line of Fedoraporject webpage
http://fedoraproject.org/ states that
"Fedora is a Linux-based operating system that showcases the latest in
free and open source software. " The emphasis on the word "showcases
the latest".
Stabilizing our system is our own responsibility I guess. There are
millions of users with millions of needs (uses) plus millions of
different hardware. This is where the main strength of (linux / *NIX)
comes into play ... "Customization".

What I understand is that Fedora is the "general purpose" linux
distribution and its installation system just reflects that. Unlike
ubuntu, which has special release for Desktop version and Server
release.

I am not against any distro but my personal opinion is I will
learn,understand and tweak linux better the Fedora way than Ubuntu
way. This might be my biased opinion because I have been using this
distro since RedHat 7.0. For me just playing mp3 out of the box
doesn't make another distro cool.

So all that said, Fedora just don't promise that it will be
"production quality" but yet it still can be of that quality.

If sounds to me the use of word "production quality" is synonymous
with "user friendly which works out of the box" than the "stability as
in rock solid".