Re: want to prevent people from making mistakes?

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

The the current lifetime is an honest representation of the amount of
contributor support that we have on hand.   The Fedora Legacy
sub-project was attempted but it did not have enough contributor
support to be self-sustaining.

Which reminds me of something I was thinking of earlier today... A lot of Ubuntu users point to the longer support lifetime of Ubuntu's regular releases as one of the reasons they choose not to use Fedora. I'm surprised that a company which isn't profitable is able to maintain as many releases as they do. On the other hand, it looks like in April, Canonical was discussing a scale-back to supporting only LTS releases and the current release. From the votes and my own speculation, I think it's likely that they will, eventually. I wonder how that will change the user base...