Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> But you seem to feel it is necessary.  Is the only driving force your
>> need?  :-)
>>

> For what I personally spend my time on as a package maintainer, yes
> 'my need' is the only driving force. I am not an altruist.  I am
> selfish, I am a liar, a cheat and an all around bad person. I even go
> out of my way to kick puppies given the chance.  The packages I've
> made a commitment to maintain in Fedora are packages that I have an
> interest in using day in and day out.

I'm sure you don't kick puppies.  But I think you may have missed the
smiley at the end of my last sentence?  As in, not to be taken
seriously.....

FWIW, if it were feasible (as in profitable) to extend the life of a
Fedora release then someone would have done it by now.  Yet it seems
unnecessary since there already exists the likes of RHEL, and its
clones, that already has the properties that would exist in extending
the life of a Fedora release.

--
Fats Loves Madelyn. Mei-Mei.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx