Re: Virtual DNS questiona and reverse lookup table conflicts

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 15:09:08 -0800,
  "Daniel B. Thurman" <dant@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This whole thing started because it is recommended that you have two dns
> servers for fail-over/redundancy - of which I haven't been able to solve
> (yet).

Do you have two separate internet connections? If not, there isn't a lot
of point in having two DNS servers. When your network is out, no one
is going to be able to contact your servers and providing DNS service during
the outage isn't going to help. For the typical hobbiest running a server or
two on a residential or SOHO broadband connection it doesn't make sense to
have two DNS servers. (If you have two physical servers you probably want to
have some way for one to take over capabilities of the other, but they both
don't need to be externally visible at the same time.)