Re: Some people mis interpret Fedora's Mission Statement.

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

Thus, we are able to use the Fedora Project and the
JBoss.org communities as proving grounds and virtual
laboratories for new technology that we can draw upon for
inclusion in our enterprise technologies. Additionally, the
open and transparent nature of these projects provides our
clients and potential clients with access and insights to
the direction of these projects. "

a) The question about how much money Redhat spends on Fedora is
irrelevant.  Redhat needs Fedora.   Redhat didn't decide to support
Fedora out of the goodness of their hearts.  Fedora users are Redhat's
key to innovation.

b) The above quote doesn't say anything about the intended software
quality in the Fedora project.  All it says is that its a test bed.
That doesn't mean its a testbed of beta software.  As a matter of fact,
how can you gauge the usefulness of a piece of software if its beta
quality ?

Seriously? Am I just misreading? I don't see it defined as a test bed there.

How does 'proving ground' and 'laboratory' differ substantially from 'test bed'?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx