Re: Has Anyone Tried KDE4 from Rawhide?

WARNING: Only install KDE from Rawhide IF YOU ARE WILLING TO UPGRADE YOUR
*ENTIRE* SYSTEM to Rawhide!!! Basically, the only safe way to use Rawhide
is the following:
yum --enablerepo=rawhide upgrade
which will move your entire system to Rawhide.

What will happen if you try upgrading just KDE is that the new KDE will drag
in Python 2.6 (that's what it's now, but there's always some library
causing a similar situation), which in turn forces EVERYTHING depending on
Python (including Yum!) to be upgraded to the Rawhide version. So you end
up with an unsupportable chaotic mix of Rawhide and F10 packages.

Rex Dieter and me are working on providing KDE 4.2 Beta 1 packages for
Fedora 10 in the kde-redhat unstable repository, more on that once we're
done.

        Kevin Kofler