Re: Fixed: Rawstudio is broken in F10 ?

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I renamed it to libexiv2.so.0 and rawstudio runs.

You just changed the unversioned symlink which is used when compiling (to
link against libexiv2.so.4 without having to know that it is the .so.4
version) into a symlink from libexiv2.so.0 to libexiv2.so.4. This is
completely broken because the version number has changed for a reason!

> Apparently its not ancient, its still being shipped.

No it's not. libexiv2.so.4 is. Symlinking libexiv2.so.0 to it might appear
to make it work, but it is very likely to cause subtle bugs. The soname was
bumped for a reason.

The proper fix is to use the rawstudio-1.1.1-1.fc10 package in the Fedora 10
Everything repository, which is actually built to work in Fedora 10.

        Kevin Kofler