Fedora 10 X Problem

I installed (not upgraded, previously it had FC 6 & no problems) FC 10 on my machine few days ago. I am running into couple of issues. First one is, after few hours of work, X start to take long time to update (20-30 seconds or in some case minutes and some time for ever). This happens when I move from one desktop to another or move or resize terminal. I have been rebooting computer / restarting X to atleast be able to continue to work. This is very annoying as I have several terminals and other stuff open during the course of day.

My machine:

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
05:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]
Acer 24 inch monitor (AL2416W)

Please let me know if you need more details and how to fix this issue.

Also, as I am typing this message the cursor has changed its shape, after recent update (Dec 3rd).

Usman