Re: Supporting printer portion of MF-4270, was:[Re: Document Scanners that work with F9]

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 11:15 -0500, Todd Denniston wrote:
> Jeff Maxwell wrote, On 11/07/2008 10:51 AM:
> > This is great information.  I do not know if my question fits this
> > thread or not, but,
> It would probably be best to start another thread, with a fully new (not reply
> to this one) message.
>
> >  I have an issue where I have been able to install
> > and access an HP parallel OfficeJet printer via the "root" sign on but I
> > am not able to access the printer via a local user sign on.  Any
> > suggestions would be much appreciated.
>
> take a look in /var/log/cups/ at page_log, error_log and access_log and see if
> there is something that make sense there, before starting your new thread.
>
> If there is no info there, then you may have to (backup first and) edit
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf to set LogLevel to debug instead of info, then `service
> restart cups`. (hopefully a restorecon /etc/cups/cupsd.conf will not be needed)
> try a few prints and check the logs again.
Thanks for the advice.  I've been busy with other issues and finally
found time to look further into this.

I did find the following in the cupsd.conf and I am wondering if the
SystemGroup is causing my problem as I appear to be able to access my
printer/scanner when logged in as "root" but not as a local user.

MaxLogSize 0
LogLevel info
SystemGroup sys root

Thoughts?