Re: Root password disappears at every login, was "Cannot login as root"

On Sun, November 16, 2008 3:34 pm, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> Is this F10? If so, be aware that gdm on F10 doesn't allow root to log
in directly.

No, it's F9, sorry for not mentioning it. I have solved this problem just
a couple minutes ago, when I wrote SELINUX=disabled in /etc/selinux/conf.

It turns out that it isn't enough, not on this system anyway, to add
"enforcing 0" to the kernel boot options.

Now I'm fighting with networking.

I was able to run yum install for all of Gnome, so I had networking
running perfectly. Now it stopped...That's another thread, however.

Thank,
Marco