Re: Fedora 10 - no longer rawhide?

On 14.11.2008 09:21, Frank Cox wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 06:25:51 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Preupgrade provides a solution that looks overall very similar to a live upgrade. It downloads the all the package updates from the release you want to upgrade to (you can continue using your system meanwhile) and changes grub to boot Anaconda and Anaconda uses the packages downloaded by preupgrade to upgrade your system. Preupgrade unlike upgrades via yum is more of a supported option.
How does preupgrade interact with rpmfusion?  Or does it?

I never tried.

Somebody should try and report the results.

But RPM Fusion provides everything that is needed for a proper upgrade
in it's repos. The release-files are also build in a way to make sure
that you use the F-10 repos automatically as soon as you upgrade
fedora-release to the one from F-10 (but that will likely only work
properly when F-10 is out or once we did some changes to our MirrorManager).

IOW: Everything should work if preupgrade does everything right. And I
suppose it will, but I'm not sure.

CU
knurd