Re: Dependency Champion

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:31:05 -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:
	[...]
> If you instruct the tool to remove a package, it does not remove other
> packages randomly or haphazardly.  You may not understand the package
> relationships, but that does not make them wrong.

	Nobody has suggested that any mental state makes them wrong. What
does make them wrong, dead wrong, is a fundamental principle of Unix --
every tool should do *one* job, and do it well.

	You'll find that near the front of any book introducing people to
linux. (Remember books? You probably still have some. They're very good
for things like history, which doesn't change much.)

	In most such books, you'll also find an assurance that that
principle is what makes *ix the triumph that it is, and all the works of
Redmond the creeping disasters that they are.