Re: CUPS, Alpine, and printserving : telnet weirdness

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 03:47:36 +0100, Björn Persson wrote:

> Beartooth wrote:

>> [btth@Msgv ~]$
>> telnet 192.168.a.c 631 -bash: telnet: command not found
>
> You're on the wrong machine. You installed Telnet on Hbsk2. Then you
> SSHed into Msgv, where Telnet is not installed.

	Oh, blitherition! I gave them names just so I could keep track,
and I *still* mix them up. <sob, gasp, sound of head beating on
computer ...>

	Meanwhile, I've shut all four machines down, and am in process of
booting them up again -- whereupon I'll go into system-config-firewall
and enable both IPP server and client as trusted (taking that to mean
"trusted within the LAN") on them all; I suppose, now that I know more, I
might as well install telnet, too. (I've known it save me, more than
once, to be able to get into a machine that couldn't run its X-server.)
Stay tuned.

--
Beartooth Gerontoflatulocrat, Curmudgeon On Line
They say aging isn't so *very* bad, compared to