Fedora 9 Boot Problem

I've got an ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI motherboard with 2 Gb RAM & AMD 5600 X2 proc.

There are (2) Seagate ST350032NS (500 GB SATA drives) configure in the BIOS for a RAID1. The OS is RedHat Fedora 9.

Following successful installation, it fails to boot. The grub boot loader displays correctly but immediately goes into POST and reboots as soon as the OS begins to load. There are no errors displayed.

If I use the recovery CD, I can mount the sysimage and run yum update and install software successfully. I cannot get this machine to boot on it's own without following this procedure.

Any assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks