Re: Beeping while running

Konstantin Svist wrote:

Yeah, this is only mentioned every other message.

For that matter, the BIOS might also monitor the fan speeds and many
other temperatures. Maybe even voltage from the PSU. Usually the BIOS is
supposed to tell you what the current temp/speed/voltage is.

All of which are available in my ACPI configuration. Now the funny thing is that when I got back home last night (around 11:00), I haven't noticed my server beeping anymore. So, some time yesterday it went from beeping at :05 and :35 of each hour (like clockwork) to beeping no more.
Sure sounds like the motherboard was monitoring *something*.

Or maybe it's an early version of Microsoft's Palladium - it realized
that you're not running the "appropriate" software on your hardware an
is complaining.

Wrong OS.  B^)  Though ABIT's own utility programs are all M$ only tools.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@xxxxxxx