From: Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Linux Fedora Error Number 15 : File Not Found
To: jyotishmaan@xxxxxxxxx, "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jyotishmaan@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, October 12, 2008, 11:35 PM

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 05:01:57 -0700 (PDT)
Jyotishmaan Ray <jyotishmaan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear All Fedora Linux Experts,
>
> Sinc yesterday one of my proxy servers is not booting up after a system
retsart, and it throws an error message "Error 15: File Not Found Press any
key to continue"

> I had tried with rescue CD, still it could not be resolved though the
system could be mounted but nothing proceeded beyond this.

> Give some pointers to solve this problem.

Try booting the previous kernel from the menu. If that works then
re-install the kernel package but it would be good to find out why the
boot loader couldn't find the kernel. Power loss while updating it ?

If not boot off the CD, mount the root file system off the rescue cd,
chroot into that, mount /boot and re-install the current kernel package