Re: IRC classroom sessions

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
Greetings.
We have been working to improve IRC based support for Fedora of late,
and one of the ideas was to start up some classroom type sessions to
teach/show specific things for interested folks.
See: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRC
for more information on IRC.
Toward that end, I thought I would post here and see if I can gather a
feeling for general interest for the idea and some thoughts about
sessions that would be well attended. Feel free to reply directly to me...
1. Would you be interested in attending a classroom session on IRC?

Love to, timing is important though, I can shift my work day more easily than evening meetings with people who are locked into 9-5.

2. What sessions would be of most interest to you? Some examples:
a. How to get involved in Fedora
b. Pulseaudio and Sound
^^^^
c. Demo's of new Features coming in the next release.
d. Basic desktop usage
e. How to file a good bugreport in bugzilla.redhat.com. f. How to make a rpm package.
^^^^
g. Upgrading and Reinstalling tips and tricks
^^^^
h. Learn how to Triage bugs
i. Selinux and security features.
^^^^
j. iptables and firewalls
^^^ should be able to contribute to that somewhat
k. kvm and libvirt tips and tricks.
^^^^
l. Other: please explain.

A lot of people don't know how to compile a kernel (and many shouldn't)
so some examples of getting the unused features out to reduce build time
would be useful. Also how to apply patches.

How to create and maintain a local repository would be useful.

Syslog - use of central syslog servers, and writing logs to pipes so
other programs can watch them in real time.

3. What general times would be good for you to attend a classroom
session? Weekends? Weekdays? Weekday evenings in the EDT timezone?

Weekday afternoons in NY time are good for me, AM is doable.

4. Would you be interested in leading a classroom session on some area
you know well? Thanks,
kevin

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>