Re: active connection problem

On Thu, 2008-10-02 at 14:30 +0900, 최용주 wrote:
> I installed the Fedora 9 and set the IP address, netmask, gateway, so
> on…
>
> But after installation the active connection information is not a
> setting I made.

During the installation, you're configuring the *installer's* network.
The installed system's network is configured separately.

> How to change the ip address?
>
> And the network device control was setting as I set.

Network Manager handles the network, by default.  But it expects there
to be a DHCP server on the network to configure it.  If you don't have
one on your network, then turn off the NetworkManager service and turn
the network service on.  For some people, they'll want to, or need to,
do that regardless.

If you're using Gnome, look through the System menu.  The administration
sub-menu has a "network" item, it runs "system-config-network" (you can
run that command, regardless of whether you run Gnome or another window
manager).  This will allow you to configure the network in the older
way.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686