Boot hangs on modprobe errors

Hi all,

I have a fresh install of Fedora 9 on a Dell poweredge 2650. Install
went fine, no errors or warnings. Rebooted it, and it hangs after:

serial 00:06: unable to assign  resources
Red Hat nash version 6.0.52 starting
INFO: task modprobe:<number here that I cannot remember> blocked for
more than 120 seconds
"echo 0> /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.
INFO: task scsi_scan_0:449 blocked for more than 120 seconds
"echo 0> /proc/sys/kernel/hung_task_timeout_secs" disables this message.

We used 32bit fedora 9 to install onto a 3 dish scsi raid5. I am not
sure if this machine is 32bit or 64bit, but I figured 32bit fedora
should work on both?

Rebooted again, and now it's not doing anything. It gave the error
about the serial, then started nash up, but now nothing. And it's been
a half hour.

I am completely clueless right about now and any help would be greatly
appreciated, even a point in the right direction :)

--
Laura Speck