Re: Fedora x86_64 madwifi / ndiswrapper.

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:47 AM, Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Now I running fedora 9 at 32 bits on a turrion 64 x2 laptop with
>> madwifi working so well from livna. I want to move to 64 bits
>> architecture, but I want to know if madwifi is going to work as well
>> as 32 bits one, or if I have to chenge to ndiswrapper.
>>
>> I hope my words express what I want to ask. Thank's.
>
> I have madwifi working on a Turion 64 x2 laptop with an Aetheros 5K
> chipset under Fedora 8 x86_64.

I have a 242x part and ended up downloading source from the vendor web site.

lspci tells me.
 Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter
With the driver compiled and installed it works well.   Always give the vendor
site a poke... if only to let them know that you care about their part on linux.

--
        NiftyFedora
        T o m   M i t c h e l l