Re: .deb File Install

Todd Zullinger wrote:
Alex Makhlin wrote:
Can anyone be so kind as to tell me how to install .deb files on
Fedora  9? I would greatly appreciate it.

It's not really possible or recommended to install .deb packages on
Fedora.  They were built for another distro.  Instead, you should look
for something built for Fedora 9 as an rpm.

Explain in a little more detail why you want to do this and what
particular .deb you have in mind and perhaps we can help you better.

Thank you for the information, it was quite helpful!! I was able to get what I needed working through an .rpm package but I found that you are correct that .deb is not for Fedora and could have really screwed up things if I tried to install it.

Thanks again