Re: Finding a Font to Support a Unicode Block (X11)

Hi,

Thank you, this looks like it might be what I'm looking for.

Take care,
Michael.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 12:38 AM, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Michael Rohan wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Just posted this to comp.fonts, but figured I should try here also.
>
> Not sure if this is the correct group, but I have code that generated
> Unicode strings displayed via Java on X Windows.  The strings include
> characters from the Enclosed Alphanumerics Unicode block.

Font-config can do this, though its documentation, API, and command-line
interface are all rather inscrutable.  I wrote a program that can take
any character as input and give you the filename of a font with it.

Just put the two files anywhere, then:

make
./CharSearch ①

I.e. put the character you're looking for as the first and only
argument.  Only tested with en_US.UTF-8 as LANG environment variable.

Matt Flaschen

CC=gcc
CFLAGS=--std=c99 -I /usr/include -I /usr/include/fontconfig -L /usr/lib/ -l fontconfig
OBJ=CharSearch

CharSearch: CharSearch.c
       ${CC} ${CFLAGS} CharSearch.c -o ${OBJ}

clean: