Re: Live USB?

Knute Johnson wrote:
Chris Snook wrote:
Knute Johnson wrote:
Chris Snook wrote:
Knute Johnson wrote:
If I put the live CD on USB with live-usb creator can I not update it? I just get a boatload of errors.

With liveUSB, the original image is static, and any changes to files in the image must go in the overlay space, so you'll need a big USB stick and a lot of overlay space to do this.

-- Chris

I have 4GB stick and I set the max (2047mb) for persistent space.

The live image is compressed, but the files in the overlay are not. You may be running out of overlay space. What errors are you getting?

-- Chris

It won't boot anymore. Says there is an error in intramfs. Apparently you can't update it.

You can't update the kernel or anything in the initrd. You can update everything else, as long as you have the overlay space.

-- Chris