Re: LVMs really frustrating me...

At 03:31 AM 9/29/2008, linux guy wrote:

I spent a lot of time trying to mount /dev/sdb3, which I thought was the data part of the old hard drive. After a period of time, I found it to be a logical partition, not an ext3 partition.
<<<<<

Good morning, "linux guy".

See the threads "lvm2 problem" and "How to mount an LVM volume" which discussed this issue in detail over the last week to a week and a half.

You can see the list archives at https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/. Select Archive=2008-September and View by = Thread, then do a text search for "LVM volume". Unfortunately the thread got split up into two, so it shows up in the thread list in two different places. Read them all and you'll get what you need.

If you can't find those threads, let me know and I'll see if I can summarize it for you. It is all quite a bit easier said than done, unfortunately.