Re: How to Disable screensaver

--- On Mon, 9/29/08, Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: How to Disable screensaver
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Monday, September 29, 2008, 2:19 AM
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 10:17:43AM +0930, Tim wrote:
> > On Sun, 2008-09-28 at 18:37 -0400, Dave Feustel wrote:
> > > What I want is the ability to add application
> icons for Konqueror and
> > > Xterm to the bottom system panel as in kde3. That
> feature seems to be
> > > absent from both gnome and kde4 in F9.
> >
> > It's certainly not absent in Gnome, it's just
> a right-click or
> > drag-and-drop away.
>
> I tried to do that but nothing happened, In kde3 I was able
> to create an
> application launcher for a specific application (eg xterm)
> on the
> desktop and then drag that icon onto the system panel, from
> which the
> application could be started with a single click. This does
> not work at
> all for me so far with F9 gnome.  How is the equivalent
> operation done in
> gnome?
>
> > Also, your initial query could have been solved
> > simply by reading through the menus, that's what
> they're there for.
> > It's not hard to find an item called
> "screensaver."

screensaver is slightly buried.

KDE 4.1 menu->applications->system->system settings->left column screensaver

Under the menu icon lower left, right click on an item and select "save to panel"

I'd still like to know how to make the screensaver stay on indefinitely!

There is some setting in xconfig or one of those files!

Years ago I knew how to do this.