Re: Switching to KDE (was kde or gnome)

The current version of KDE 4.1 is terrible.

Everything I like about KDE 3.5 has been decimated.

Click on the "Configure Desktop" and the only thing
you can do is change the wall paper.

And if you need to actually configure the desktop, then
if you fumble around in the menus you'll find 2
"configure system" entries.

Desktop no longer means desktop - system no longer
means system.

They took a page from MS development -  chop up the
existing application and rename the commands with
nonsensical names,  add a couple of unnecessary features,
and you have a new release.

And if you haven't pissed the majority of your clients then
you're doing something wrong.

--
Article. VI. Clause 3 of the constitution of the United States states:

"The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of
the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers,
both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by
Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test
shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust
under the United States."