Re: Network manager and dns

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 04:42:46PM -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Paul W. Frields wrote:
> >

> Something else that would be nice would be priroities - user defined
> order to connect with (like wpa_supplicant does for example)
>
> Something else that would be nice - root config as well as user configs
> - that way with root config and priorities admins can set up laptop with
> pre-approved networks and the order to attermpt connection - this way
> network can be allowed to come up at boot time instead of demanding that
> the user graphically login first. I suppose root shud optionally permit
> user overrides thereafter ...
>
> Would be an added bonus if configs could be at aleast saved and
> recovered as text file(s) - even if nm uses the gnome registry - it is
> not admin convenient for tuning and deployment (in my view anyway).

The best way to get your suggestions for changes implemented is by
filing bugs.  It's not often that the developers have time to comb
these lists to get that feedback.  Here's where you can find some more
information on that:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/BugsAndFeatureRequests

As for the GConf registry (which is not limited to GNOME), using this
registry actually makes for easier tuning and deployment using tools
like Sabayon that help the administrator set the /etc/gconf
system-wide registry and associated policies appropriately, from which
user settings are derived according to permissions granted by the
sysadmin.