Re: Network manager and dns

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 03:32:40PM -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 12:03:26PM -0400, Mail Lists wrote:
> >

> > I'm using Fedora 9, and when I right click the Network Manager applet
> > in my task tray, and choose "Edit Connections," I find that these
> > kinds of solutions are available in the IP setup tab for any of my
> > wireless networks.  For example, there's a setting for "DHCP
> > (addresses only)," and there's a setting to put in a BSSID for a
> > particular wireless AP, so you can create connections that are per-AP
> > if you like, and then select them manually from the applet.
> >
> > There's also the /etc/NetworkManager/dispatcher.d/ folder, which lets
> > you drop scripts in for special management whenever Network Manager
> > connects or disconnects.
> >

>   Great thank you ... there is indeed more there. What I think would be
> nice, when it does a scan it sees multiple AP's on same ssid - it would
> be nice if there was a click and then for that SSID it showed all AP's
> by MAC in the scan - typing in the BSSID requires me to scan (or know)
> and copy the scan by hand.

You could file an enhancement request to the developers in Bugzilla
for this.  I wonder if that might pretty squarely conflict with the
human interface guidelines they're using.  After all, this is not
something the user really should be too worried about in most cases.
Still, worth mentioning to them.