Re: still no progress with opengl video problems?

Hello David,

Although, this does not answer your questions, it might provide you with
an alternative. I experienced all sort of problems watching videos on my
laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (using the open source radeon
driver) when I enabled desktop effects. On my up-to-date Fedora 9 system
with I was able to solve these problems thanks to a tip from the #radeon
channel on Freenode.

What I did was enable EXA acceleration in my xorg.conf like so:
Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "radeon"
        Option "AccelMethod" "EXA"
EndSection

After a restart of X, I executed gstreamer-properties and on the video
tab I selected "X Window System (X11/XShm/Xv)" as the default output
plugin and then selected "Radeon Textured Video" as the default output
device.

That solved all the problems I encountered when watching videos with
desktop effects enabled. I hope this might be of some help to you as
well.

Jeroen