nvidia RAID support - dual boot

I have a system setup for two-disk RAID 1 using something called NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller.

I have read that some of these RAID controllers are mainly SW, some are not.
Regardless, would FC9 or later be able to install and take advantage of whatever HW RAID features are present?

What about dual boot? If I have XP using the above controller, can I create a partition for Fedora and expect it to utilize RAID in the same way? Do I have to partition each disk separately but identically using another tool, or would the FC installer handle both disks in one go?